Careers at UHF
Terms of Reference (TOR) for the External Auditors
Uganda Healthcare Federation (UHF) is an ‘association of associations’ umbrella organization affiliated to the East Africa Healthcare Federation representing the interests of the private health sector in Uganda. It was formed in 2010 from the need to have a body, which unites all players in the private health sector. UHF is seeking to recruit an Audit Firm for external audit purposes.
Objective of the Audit:
1. The objective of the audit of UHF’s financial statements is to enable the auditors to express an independent professional opinion on the financial position of UHF and to ensure that the funds utilized for projects and UHF activities are for their intended purposes and in line with UHF strategic objectives.
2. The books of accounts of UHF provide the basis for preparation of the UHF Financial Statements. Proper books of accounts as required by law have been maintained and adequate internal controls and supporting documentation for the transactions are in place.
Scope of the Audit
The audit will be carried out in accordance with the International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) and will include tests and verification procedures as the auditors deem necessary.
Verify all funds have been used in accordance with the established rules and regulations of UHF and the donor and only for the purposes for which the funds were provided.
Goods, works and services financed have been procured in accordance with the UHF established rules and procedures.
Appropriate supporting documents, records and books of accounts relating to all activities have been kept. Clear linkages should exist between the books of accounts and the financial statements presented.
The financial statements have been prepared by UHF management in accordance with applicable accounting standards and give a true and fair view of the financial position of UHF and of its receipts and expenditures for the period ended on that date.
Comprehensive assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of the accounting and overall internal control system to monitor expenditures and other financial transactions.
- Express an opinion as to the reasonableness of the financial statements in all material respects.
Include in their reports opinion on compliance with procedures designed to provide reasonable assurance of detecting misstatements due to errors or fraud that are material in the financial statements.
- Conduct entry and exit meeting with the Executive Director and UHF management.
- In addition to the audit report, the auditors will prepare a Management Letter on the following:
Give comments and observations on the accounting records, procedures, systems and controls that were examined during the course of the audit.
- Identify specific deficiencies and areas of weakness in systems and controls and make recommendations for improvement.
- Report on the implementation status of recommendations pertaining to previous period audit reports.
Communicate matters that have come to their attention during the audit which might have a significant impact on the sustainability of the organization.
- Bring to the Executive Director’s and the Board’s attention any other matters that the auditors consider pertinent.
The audit work shall be completed within the agreed period depending on the scope of work and the expected date of the AGM.
1. The Auditors on completion of the audit work will submit at least 3 original copies of the Audit Report appended to the Financial Statements along with the reports to the attention of the Board.
2. Management letter in accordance with the scope of work described here before.
Qualification of Auditors:
The reputed audit firms based in Uganda and certified by ICPAU will be eligible to apply.
The audit fees will be fixed through a competitive bidding process.
To be the representing, reference and advocacy body for the non-state health sector in Uganda.
To bring all private (non-state) sector stakeholders under one umbrella body for the purpose of advocating policy change, promoting and championing the interests of the private health sector.
UHF Core Values
- Professionalism and integrity
- Innovative and results focused
- Committed for the long term