Careers at UHF
INTERNSHIP VACANCY – RESEARCH ASSISTANT
Uganda Healthcare Federation is an ‘association of associations’ umbrella organization affiliated to the East Africa Healthcare Federation representing the interests of the private health sector in Uganda. We are seeking to provide internship to a Research Assistant.
This role is responsible for carrying out research study on private health sector players including identifying, segmenting and profiling the players into the six World Health Organization (WHO) pillars that is Leadership/Governance, Healthcare Financing, Health workforce, Medical products/ technologies, Information and Research and Service Delivery.
Duties and responsibilities;
- To plan and carry out research activity
- To prepare and present findings of research activity to colleagues for review purposes.
- To prepare progress reports on research as required.
- To contribute to the overall activities of the research team as required.
- To undertake a limited amount of teaching in relation to subject area.
- To attend and participate in team meetings and trainings, including qualitative data analysis and coding workgroups.
- To manage and account for allocated resources in the field.
- To carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Diploma or Degree from recognized institution and must have previous office experience.
- One year of relevant post-qualification experience in research projects.
- Candidates with a Research background are strongly encouraged to apply
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, organized and keen to detail
- Competent with computer software applications including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet-based applications.
- Knowledge of research techniques
- Ability to analyse and write up data
Interested candidates should send us applications and up to date CVs (not longer than 2 pages) to email@example.com by Friday 13th February 2018 no later than 05:00pm.
To be the representing, reference and advocacy body for the non-state health sector in Uganda.
To bring all private (non-state) sector stakeholders under one umbrella body for the purpose of advocating policy change, promoting and championing the interests of the private health sector.
UHF Core Values
- Professionalism and integrity
- Innovative and results focused
- Committed for the long term